WbLL- what boredom looks like...

The title should say it all. But, if you need more of an explanation, I cook when I am bored.


Some cookies for Jalen and Candace

oatmeal-cookies

I forgot that I hated oatmeal, until I bought a box with the intention of starting a new health food regime.  One bite of the sticky grayish white substance, and I was transported back to childhood, when I was being forced every morning to eat it because my parents were sure it was good for me.  Needless to say I was so traumatized I almost through out the carton.  But then, my sister tells me that she and the kids love oatmeal cookies so the box--and the oatmeal inside--reputation were resurrected.

Ingredients:
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 ¼ sticks of butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup wheat flour (I prefer to add wheat flour when I can)
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 ½ cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
Preheat oven to 375°F.

oatmeal-cookies-1

Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices; add to butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy cookie, 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling rack. Store in tightly covered container.

oatmeal-cookies-2
*Note for Gaye: If you want the sticky gooey mistake cookie, use only ¼ cup of all purpose flour.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Some cookies for Jalen and Candace”

Post a Comment




© 2006-2008 WbLL- what boredom looks like... | What Boredom Looks Like.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.